In conjunction with the Will County Clerk’s Office, voter registration is available at the Joliet Public Library. This provides a convenient opportunity for non-registered voters and residents new to Will County to participate in the election process. We are available weekends and evenings too.
Joliet Public Library Deputy Registrars are permitted to take registrations of any qualified residents of the State of Illinois only at Joliet Public Library Branches. The Deputy Registrars have undergone training with the Will County Clerk’s Office, and use the same applications that are utilized at the Will County Clerk’s Office.
- Register under their legal name
- Be a U.S. Citizen by birth or naturalization
- Must be 18 years of age by election day
- Must be a resident of their precinct 30 days prior to election
- Must provide two forms of identification, and one must show the current residence address of the applicant and provide proof of age. Suggested forms of ID are:
- Illinois Driver’s License or State ID
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill
- Employee ID Card
- Piece of mail with name and address
- Social Security Card
- Public Aid ID Card
- Student ID Card or a Civic Union or Professional Association Membership Card
You can also register:
|Online, using the Illinois Online Voter Registration Application; your application must be postmarked by the last day to register to vote before an Election, and you must vote in person the first time voting, either at a Polling Place or Early Voting location unless an approved form of identification was provided with the application.||By Mail using the Voter Registration Mail-In Application; your application must be postmarked by the last day to register to vote before an Election, and you must vote in person the first time voting, either at a Polling Place or Early Voting location unless an approved form of identification was provided with the application.|
In person at the Will County Clerk’s Office, Secretary of State Driver’s License facility or with a Registrar.
In Joliet, there are seven places to register to vote in person (please call to confirm hours):
At your Polling Place on Election Day: please note, Joliet Public Library’s Black Road Branch is a polling place. Two forms of identification are required when registering at your Polling Place: